In this assignment, you will be writing a 1,000-1,250-word essay describing the differing approaches of nursing leaders and managers to issues in practice. To complete this assignment, do the following:
1) Select an issue from the following list: nursing shortage and nurse turn-over, nurse staffing ratios, unit closures and restructuring, use of contract employees (i.e., registry and travel nurses), continuous quality improvement and patient satisfaction, and magnet designation.
2) Compare and contrast how you would expect nursing leaders and managers to approach your selected issue. Support your rationale by using the theories, principles, skills, and roles of the leader versus manager described in your readings.
3) Identify the approach that best fits your personal and professional philosophy of nursing and explain why the approach is suited to your personal leadership style.
4) Use at least two references other than your text and those provided in the course.
In a reflection of 450-600 words, explain how you see yourself fitting into the following IOM Future of Nursing recommendations:
1. Recommendation 4: Increase the proportion of nurses with a baccalaureate degree to 80% by 2020.
2. Recommendation 5: Double the number of nurses with a doctorate by 2020.
3. Recommendation 6: Ensure that nurses engage in lifelong learning.
Identify your options in the job market based on your educational level. (I have Associate degree in nursing (ADN) and this a Bachelor science in nursing program, (BSN) so you can have based it on BSN, because I will be done soon)
1. How will increasing your level of education affect how you compete in the current job market?
2. How will increasing your level of education affect your role in the future of nursing?