For the Module 2 SLP assignment you will continue to apply the concepts from the background materials to your own personal experiences in the workplace. Think carefully about Hersey and Blanchard’s Situational Leadership model and the four leadership styles of Directing, Coaching, Supporting, and Delegating. Then consider the styles of one or more of the supervisors you have worked with, and reflect upon whether or not their style changed depending on the situation.
After doing some reflecting on your own experiencing and reviewing the background materials, write a 2- to 3-page paper addressing the following issues:
- Take a look at the four developmental levels D1-D4 discussed in Avery (2004). Which of these levels best describes the developmental level of your supervisor’s full team?
- How would you describe the tasks required of your supervisor’s full team? Are they structured or unstructured?
- Overall, how well does your supervisor’s leadership style match with the developmental level of their team and the characteristics of the team’s tasks? Consider the Situational Leadership model for developmental level and the Path-Goal model for task characteristics in your answer.
- Based on either the Situational Leadership or Path-Goal model, do you have any recommendations for how your supervisor could change their leadership style?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Follow the assignment instructions closely and follow all steps listed in the instructions.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials
- List supporting references and cite sources in proper format.
- Use appropriate writing style in essay form (organization, grammar, and spelling).
- Include both a bibliography and in-text citations.