Find a situation (a real-world situation or a fictional situation) with two or more parties of jurisdiction or interest over a specific project or policy (public/private partnership, intergovernmental). At least one of the parties needs to be a governing board or elected officials.
In 750-1,000 words, do the following:
1. Explain the participants in the situation. (power involved, interest, requirement)
2. Explain the difference between influence and negotiation among the parties.
3. Recommend strategies to build the relationship between the parties in preparation for negotiation (at least one of the parties needs to be elected officials or a governing board)
4. Recommend different techniques of negotiation the parties can utilize to get their interest or requirements met.
5. Discuss how each party determines the value of what they are negotiating for and what they are willing to give up.
6. Discuss what would make each party agree to a decision within a negotiation or leave the table (how much leverage does each party have).
Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.