I have an exam review but need help with understanding. Will need the steps written out. in the most simplest form) Questions are attached.
EXAM 1 REVIEW
1. Given the following equation, solve for q in terms of F and E. F = q E
2. Solve the following for W in terms of P and t. P = W / t
3. Solve the following for a in terms of x and t. x = 1/2 (a t2)
4. One inch equals 2.54 centimeters. How many inches are equivalent to 7.00 centimeters?
5. An object has a mass of 2.61 megagrams. Convert this to a) kilograms and to b) grams
6. Solve the following for v in terms of K and m. K = 1/2(mv2)
7. A recipe calls for 200 milligrams of sugar to produce enough cake to feed 8 people. How much sugar is required if you want to produce enough cake to feed 10 people?
8. How many kilometers are there in one mile?
9. How many millimeters are there in 26.34 m?
1. A person covers a distance of 320 miles in a travel time of 8 hours. What is the speed for this trip?
2. A car travels with an average speed of 55 miles/hr. What is this speed in
3. The velocity of a car moving in a straight line increases from 8 m/s to 22 m/s in 7 seconds. What is the average acceleration of the car during this period?
4. Starting from rest and moving in a straight line, a runner achieves a speed of 7.0 m /s in a time of 4.5 seconds. Determine the average acceleration of the runner.
5. The velocity of a car decreases from 25 m/ s to 12 m / s in a time of 4.2 seconds. What is the average acceleration of the car?
6. A car initially at rest accelerates at the constant rate of 2.0 m / s2 for a time of 5.0 seconds. Determine:
a. the velocity of the car after 5.0 seconds.
b. the distance the car traveled during this process.
7. The position of an object with respect to time was measured and recorded with the following results:
|Distance (meters)||Time (seconds)|
Graph the distance versus time.
8. For the graph produced in problem 7, calculate the velocity.
1. A rock is dropped from the edge of a cliff. If the initial velocity of the rock was zero and if air resistance can be neglected, calculate the velocity of the rock two seconds after it is released.
2. Calculate the displacement of the rock in Problem 1 two seconds after it is released.
3. If the rock in Problem 1 had been thrown downward with an initial speed of 5 m/s calculate its velocity two seconds after it was released.
4. Calculate the displacement of the rock in Problem 3 two seconds after it is released.
5. If the rock in Problem 1 had been thrown upward with an initial speed of 5 m/s calculate its velocity two seconds after it was released.
6. Calculate the displacement of the rock in Problem 5 two seconds after it is released.
7. A car starts from rest with a constant acceleration of 2 m/s2. Calculate its speed after 3 seconds.
8. Calculate the displacement of the car in Problem 7 after 3 seconds.
9. A car moving with an initial velocity of 20 m/s slows down at a rate of 3 m/s2. Calculate its speed after 4 seconds.
10. A major league pitcher can throw a baseball at a speed of 90 miles/hour (40.2 m/s). Home plate is located 60 feet 6 inches (18.44 m) from the pitcher’s mound. A baseball announcer claims that the pitch traveled on a straight line path to home plate because it was thrown so fast. Show that his claim is wrong by calculating how far the ball drops in its trip to home plate.