CIV1 500 WORDS 2 TOPICS CHOOSE ONE!!
Write on one of the following topics:
What are the major conflicts in The Aeneid? Go beyond just Dido and Aeneas, Greeks and Trojans, to consider other less obvious ones. What types of conflicts (physical, moral, intellectual, or internal) can you detect? Describe the conflict(s), and resolution if there is one, in detail with multiple references to the text in your response.
Compare carefully the opening lines of The Iliad, The Odyssey, and The Aeneid. How does the opening of Virgil’s poem set itself apart from those earlier openings of Homer, which most of his readers could repeat by heart? How is Virgil’s introduction both alike and different from Homer’s? Especially, how does the opening of Virgil’s poem sound out themes that are unique to Roman culture, its historical role, and its age? Use multiple details, examples, quotations in your response.
- The discussion will take place from Monday to Thursday at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Post your response on the Week 4 message board
- Your response should be at least 500 words in length
- Use MLA format for any quotations or citations that you use to support your answer
- Post due by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Replies to other students or the professor are due by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. ET
- In order to receive credit, you will need to submit your initial post to two locations: the discussion board and Turnitin. Use the Submit Assignment button on the next page to submit your initial response to Turnitin