Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
The components of the immune system offer three lines of defense: The first line of defense involves surface barriers; the second line of defense involves the cells and proteins of innate immunity and the third defense involves the cells and protein of adaptive immunity.
Answer all the following questions:
- What are the major structures and functions of the lymphatic system and how does the lymphatic system interact with other body systems to help maintain homeostasis?
- Explain, with examples, the processes and rationale of fever and inflammation.
- Identify and describe antibodies main purpose and how they function. What do antibodies react to and how are they created?
In a single essay, address each question asked in a single essay-style document with each topic separated with APA level headings, include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. The formatting for your submission is as follows:
- Submissions should be in .doc file format.
- Support your answers with 4 scholarly resources. Your textbook can be used as well.
- Follow APA format, Times New Roman, 12 Font, double spaced.
- Be sure to cite all sources appropriately. (See APA guidelines).
- An appropriate APA cover page and reference page should accompany your submission.
- Please view the evaluation rubric as you will be assessed on adequacy of responses based on the criteria in the rubric.
- Minimal word requirement is 1500 words, not including Title or References pages. Be sure to structure your paper with APA level headings related to the assignment components.
- See the rubric for specific grading criteria.
- Plagiarism of any kind will result in an automatic score of a “0” for this assignment.