ROCK IDENTIFICATION PROJECT
- For write ups use the sheets that are provided in the file!!!
- Use the same write-up sheets (6)
- Download Rock Project Photos (from here) RockProject Photos.docx choose six rocks to represent 3 different rock types and 3 different subtypes. Copy and paste photo to each write-up sheet.
- For the second photo on each write-up sheet, research online for a photo to show the rock in it’s natural setting. Paste the photo on your write up sheet.
- In place of ” where was the sample collected?”: Write the location of where the researched photo was taken. Include the website reference (URL address) for the photo.Modified Geology Laboratory Rock Project
(10) points per sample/ Total 6×10= 60 points possible
Sample Identification # 1
(1) Where was the sample collected?
(2) Rock Type:
(1) Rock Subtype:
(1) Rock Name:
(1) Name any visible minerals present:
Describe specific rock texture and/or features:
(1) Two sentences (from research) on where and how this rock subtype typically is formed.
(3) Two PHOTOS:
CHOICES for ROCK IDENTIFICATION PROJECT
CHOOSE TWO photos to represent each of the 6 Rock Subtypes. Copy and paste
A B C
D E F
G H I
J K L