1. Survey the assigned chapter to get an overview. Based on your survey, what do you anticipate the reading to be about? (4 sentences).
2. As you were reading this chapter, what questions did you raise? (4 sentences)
3. Elaborate in your own words and in more depth or greater detail what the chapter is addressing in (14) sentences. You can begin your elaboration by saying, “In other words…”
4. Provide a personal, academic, and clinical example to show how the content of this chapter is used in a practical sense. Must identify an actual specific instance from real experiences, NOT HYPOTHETICAL situations. Minimum (4) sentences per example. Examples must be separated and individually labeled.
5. Provide a minimum of (2) concepts from this chapter that you identified as a personal or academic challenge, and that has affected academic learning, or personal everyday life situations.
Minimum (4) sentences per identified challenge. Challenges must be individually labeled and separated.
1-personal or academic challenge
2-personal or academic challenge
6. What specific steps are you taking to address the challenges identified in this chapter or question #5. List and elaborate each step (minimum 2 per challenge) that you are going to take to address each challenge. Each step must be stated in a minimum of (4) sentences. Each response must be individually labeled and separated.
GRIT – Angela Lee Duckworth TedTalk
b. What can I do with what I learned to enhance learning or personal development?
GROWTH MINDSET – Carol Dweck (Sal Khan):
c. What did I learn from this video? Begin your response with first person “I” …
d. What can I do with what I learned to enhance learning or personal development?
e. What did I learn from this video? Begin your response with first person “I” …
f. What can I do with what I learned to enhance learning or personal development?