This week’s discussion posts will somewhat mirror your paper assignment. It is a reflection to get you to share what is your personal philosophy of nursing? Your responses will be based on the four metaparadigms that are required for your paper.
When writing or responding, think about how and why you came to your insights. Evaluate your experiences, comment on ideas, how you feel, what did you learn? In your conclusion, you will restate your thoughts, ask others how they came to their ideas.
This week in your class texts, please read the following assignments.
- Chapter 7: Dorothy Johnson’s Behavioral System Model and its Application
- Chapter 8: Dorothea Orem’s Self-Care Deficit Nursing Theory
- Chapter 9: Imogene King’s Theory of Goal Attainment
Reflection Discussion post:
Students will be required to submit an initial post as well as submit 2 reply posts to 2 separate classmates. Initial posts must be made no later than Wednesdays at 11:59 pm and at least a 1response well thought must be completed by this time as well.
Personal Philosophy of Nursing
DUE DATE: May 29, 2020 at 11:59 PM
The purpose of this paper is to define, describe, and explain your own beliefs about the four concepts of the nursing metaparadigm and their inter-relationship to one another as they guide your current nursing practice. There are no right or wrong thoughts, feelings, or beliefs; these represent your own philosophical beliefs. Then you must correlate or link your current philosophy to one particular nursing theory.
Criteria for Personal Philosophy of Nursing :
1. Introduction & brief description identifies the purpose of the paper and the factors influencing the development of the personal nursing philosophy. 4 points
2. Define, describe and explain your personal thoughts, feelings, and beliefs about the concepts of the 4 nursing metaparadigms: 8 points
3. Identification and a brief description of the nursing theory found to be the most compatible with the student’s personal nursing philosophy. Discuss the core components of the theory and how it reflects the student’s personal philosophies. 3 points
4. Organization, documentation, references followed APA format. 5 points
– Personal Philosophy of Nursing Reflection Paper – Please follow the grading rubric that can be found in your syllabus or week four assignment. Please make sure that your similarity score is 20% and below.