In this assignment, you will apply a theoretical framework to a case study. This exercise helps you consider professional practices related to assessment, intervention, and evaluation.
Here is the cased study:Levi is a 35-year-old man who is HIV positive. He works as an auto mechanic. Since learning that he was HIV positive 10 years ago, Levi has been on medications that have stopped the progression to AIDS, and Levi is fairly healthy. However, the emotional toll has been much more serious. Levi has withdrawn from most social interactions. He has not told anyone in his family, and has fallen away from most of his friends. He has been able to obtain a variety of medications for anxiety, and often takes more than the prescribed dosage. In addition, he has had a cocaine habit that he views as his one area of excitement in life. His pattern of use is on weekends, or sometimes as a pick-me-up to get to work. He tends to use the anti-anxiety medications in the evening to help him relax and sleep. He sees his life slipping away in what has come to feel like an increasingly empty lifestyle. He calls a counselor to talk about his problems.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Utilize a conceptual framework to describe how the theory you selected can be used to guide the processes of assessment, intervention, and evaluation.
- Explain how the theory guides social work practice within an at-risk population.
- Critique and apply research-based knowledge and practice wisdom to understand person and environment.
- Provide documented examples that support the application of your theory to this case study.
- Clearly demonstrate your ability to think critically and to use research effectively.?
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Cited resources: A minimum of three scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
- Length of paper: A minimum of four double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.