GUIDELINES FOR GROUP SCHOLARLY PAPER OF NURSING THEORY
NURSING THEORIST – PATRICIA BENNER
GUIDELINES: Each Group will hand in one formal paper about a nurse theorist and the theory. The paper is to be five to six (5-6) pages total of content (double-spaced, 12 font, 1 inch margins). Papers submitted with content greater than 6 pages (*excluding reference page and cover sheet), will not be read. No Abstract page is required.
· Follow APA 7th edition guidelines for a cover sheet, headers, pagination, references, etc.
· Use APA format and label each section using the evaluation outline below.
· Use headings below to identify sections of your paper.
· The criteria guidelines below will be used to evaluate your paper.
· Each paper will be graded on a 100-point scale.
Components of the Paper and possible points
|SECTION||POINTS POSSIBLE||POINTS EARNED|
· Identification of theorist including a brief background of the theorist
|Analysis of basic components/constructs and major relationships in the theory.
· You must have a minimum of 3 citations from nursing literature (only one from a secondary source/text) to support your discussion in this section.
A. Personal relevance of any of the authors described (connect the theorist to the theory)
B. Relevance to health care and the client discussed
C. Application to research and/or practice provided
|Theory Strengths and Limitations
· Include theory strengths and limitations.
· Precise APA style and professional writing