TASK 5 – Letter Writing
- Design a way of teaching the correct business letter format to students. Submit your plan and explain how you would use it.
- Explain how you would teach letter writing and how you would make the lessons interesting.
TASK 6 – Listening Skills.
List suggestions on how you could help your students to practise each of the skills mentioned above in a Business English context?
– telephone skills
– listening to seminars
– meetings & committees
– non-standard varieties of English
– non-native speakers of English
– switches of register (informal – formal)
– specialist radio/T.V broadcasts
– social/survival skills
TASK 7 – Business English Lessons
A. Look back at the example class profile. Imagine you are going to teach this class. Submit lesson plans for the following, showing the various stages of the lesson, what the students will be doing and what the teacher will be doing at each stage.
- Plan a lesson on note-taking for the class. Submit adetailed lesson plan and any materials to be used in the class.
- Plan a lesson on telephone skills for the class. Submit adetailed lesson plan and any materials to be used in the class.
- Plan ahomework task on report writing to be given to the four middle management men in the class. Explain which skills the task practises and how you propose to mark the work.
B. Look at the materials enclosed with this unit.
- Read through them and decide how you could use them in a Business English class.
- Comment on the materials individually and state any improvements or additions you would make before using them.