I need help with a English question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
CULTURAL ANALYSIS ESSAY
In this essay, you should choose one scene in Shakespeare’s The Tempest, and develop a research question that allows you to explore the connections between the language, themes, and characters in that scene and a specific cultural situation / event (historical, political, social, etc.)
Your question can either be centered on a particular theme in the play, or else on a particular IRL situation / event, and it will surely vary widely depending on what you choose.
- Colonialism or colonial histories
- National and political authority figures
- Class or social hierarchies
- Immigration and border control
- Race, racism, or racial discrimination
- Whiteness or white privilege
- Gender roles or stereotypes
- Feminism or queerness
MORE INFORMATION IN DOCUMENT LABELLED “THE TEMPEST RESEARCH ASSIGNMENT”