I don’t understand this History question and need help to study.
Discuss the demography, economies, and politics of the Spanish, French, Dutch, and English colonies in North America in the years 1500-1700.
Think critically about life during this time period in the colonies of North America. If you could travel back in time, which colonial settlement would you have wanted to settle and why? Provide specific demographics to explain where you would settle. For example: New England, Middle, or Southern colonies if you choose the English colonies. Provide an explanation and analysis for all your decisions.
When responding to classmates, include additional information for why you also agree with their decision or information explaining why you do not agree with their choice.
Make sure to provide cited information to support your positions. All work must be in APA format.
OpenStax College, U.S. History. OpenStax College. 23 December 2014. (Download for free at http://cnx.org/content/col11740/latest/)
- Chapter 3 – Creating New Social Orders: Colonial Societies, 1500-1700
- Chapter 4 – Rule Britannia! The English Empire, 1660-1764
Primary Source Documents:
Articles & Websites:
- McNamee, G. (2010). Metacom’s Rebellion or King Phillip’s War. Native Peoples Magazine, 23(6), 50.
- Linder, Douglas. (2007). The Witchcraft Trials in Salem: A Commentary (2007). Social Science Research Network.
- Laura LaHaye. “Mercantilism.” The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics. 2008. Library of Economics and Liberty. Retrieved October 7, 2014 from the World Wide Web: http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/Mercantilism.ht…
Watch Video The Jamestown Colony VA 1607
Watch Video The Diversity of Colonial Communities 1700-1750
|Overview of events and people involved in the settlement of the Jamestown colony.||Overview of the different people who made up Colonial America.|
In your online text titled, “History in the Making: A History of the People of the United States of America to 1877,” read the following:
- Chapter 4: The Establishment of English Colonies before 1642 and Their Development Through the late Seventeenth Century
- Chapter 5: English Colonization After 1660
- Chapter 6: Growing Pains in the Colonies