I’m studying for my Communications class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Study Guide for Essay Exam 1
Prepare a response for each of the six study guide questions. Each question must be answered with 250-300 words (per question). Make sure to write as clearly and specifically as possible. Using your own words. Include one scholarly source for each essay question in addition to the textbook. There should be at least a total of 6 sources not including the textbook.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines
- Know what metaethics is and be able to discuss the issues involved and questions raised by this topic.
- Know the major worldview questions that underlie all views of reality and state how these questions connect with one’s ethical thinking and practice.
- Grasp the idea of the so-called “sacred/secular” divide and tell how living out a Christian worldview challenges this divide.
- Study and be able to explain how a Christian worldview makes a difference as to how one should live.
- Be able to make an argument for (or against) the following claim: The teaching of ethics and the study of worldviews matter in a pluralistic society.
- Understand the concept of ethical theory and be able to articulate and illustrate how ethical theories relate to the real world.
Course Materials to cite or use:
Read Chapter 1 from the section titled “Ethics and Worldviews” through the end of the Chapter 1 in Beyond Bumper Sticker Ethics.
Read “Science and Scientism in Biology: The Origin of Morality,” by Garte, from the Biologos website (2013).
Read “The Sacred/Secular Divide and the Christian Worldview” by Kim, McCalman, and Fisher from the Journal of Business Ethics (2012).
Read “The Schooling of Ethics” by Hill from Educational Philosophy and Theory (2014).