I’m studying and need help with a Psychology question to help me learn.
Create a simulated case study, relevant to developmental psychology of a pre-school child, 2–5 years of age, who presents developmental challenges related to factors described by Piaget’s or Vygotsky’s developmental milestones and Bronfenbrenner’s ecological theory.
case study should be 1–2 pages in length and it should describe:
- The child’s strengths and challenges.
- The medical, family, and social context.
- The developmental challenges evident in the behavior of the child.
- Individual and cultural factors that theory and/or research indicate could impact the child’s development.
- Any other factors you deem appropriate based on your understanding of the theory and related research.
To develop this case, you should:
- Explore theory and research related to early childhood development in the cognitive domain.
- Use either Piaget or Vygotsky to describe those age- or stage-related milestones expected at the age of your selected child.
- Develop your case by creating a challenge for the child in the cognitive domain in early childhood. Describe what the child struggles with in not meeting the expected theoretical milestones in the cognitive domain.
- Explore, through theory and research, Bronfenbrenner’s ecological theory of the various systems that can influence development. Describe the typical influences in those systems that would likely be most evident for a child in the preschool years.
- Develop your case study further by creating an environmental context for the child in specific systems in Bronfenbrenner’s theory. Include any specific issues that you want to explore through research, such as influences of a specific culture or ethnicity, specific socioeconomic status, family structure, attachment issues, and neighborhood context.
- Maintain a resource list of the materials you consulted to build your case.