I need support with this Business question so I can learn better.
What’s in a Name?
In the Afterword, Laszlo Bock describes how Google renamed his position from VP of Human Resources to VP of People Operations. The HR function in today’s workplace has been rebranded with many names: e.g., Human Resources, People Operations, Talent Management, Human Capital, Employee Engagement, Team Member Services, etc.
- In your opinion, which of the above names for the HR function best describes the role, and why?
- How has your understanding of the role of an HR professional changed as a result of taking this course?
Select one of the case studies listed below (located in your textbook.)
Then complete the following:
- Add your opinion about the choices and decisions being made—if this was your company would you make this choice?
- What would you do differently?
CASE 16-1 SAND BY SAYA: THE CHALLENGES OF A SMALL BUSINESS GOING GLOBAL (attached)
- Discussion: Using Balance Scorecard to Measure Project Effectiveness
- You are a project manager for a large electronics retailer (e.g., Best Buy) who will be implementing a new time keeping system to track hourly and salary employees’ time and attendance. You have been asked to develop a balance scorecard that can be used to manage the effectiveness of this project. Select an area (e.g., financial, customer, business, and learning) that you will focus on from a balance scorecard viewpoint and explain how you will measure the effectiveness of the project.