I’m studying and need help with a Statistics question to help me learn.
SPSS: Non-Parametric Testing
Download the data set divorce-studentversion.sav from this week’s resources. Then, review both the Data View and the Variable View to obtain a general understanding of the data.
The researcher is interested in exploring disputation of life patterns and disruption of social relationship when comparing males and females.After conducting a Kolmogorov-Smirnov test, the researcher determined these two dependent variables did not meet the standard for normality.For this comparison, a non-parametric test is then required.
- Conduct a Mann-Whitney test by selecting the options the researcher would need (use the Non-parametric Test analysis, and within this grouping, select “Legacy Dialogs”).
Using scholarly writing and proper APA format, please complete, and then submit the following:
- Based on your experience in this course, present tables to adequately report the results of this analysis.
- In narrative form, discuss the results of this analysis.
- Include an appendix that contains all SPSS output (copied and pasted) for the items above.
- For possible use within your future research, identify the non-parametric counterparts to the following parametric tests:
Parametric Tests Non- Parametric Tests
Independent t-test ?
Dependent t-test ?
Repeated Measures ANOVA ?