I need an explanation for this Powerpoint question to help me study.
Assignment Objective: Develop an audio-narrated PowerPoint presentation based on the research you have conducted about your chosen topic.
Assignment Instructions: Using the course project steps completed to date, you will develop your presentation based on the work you submitted for Assignments 1 and 2.
To prepare for this assignment, I recommend that you do the following:
- Read the directions carefully.
- Review the grading rubric. The grading rubric is a detailed evaluation that I will use to assess your performance. It also will help you understand what is expected of you as you prepare your assignment
- Presentation requirements:
- Your presentation will be submitted as an audio-narrated PowerPoint.
- There must be a visual element (e.g., photos, videos, graphs, figures). Since this is a geography class, you must include at least 2 relevant maps in your presentation.
- Your presentation must contain approximately 10-15 slides (excluding references) and run approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Please note that less than 10% of your presentation should be direct quotes.
- Proper use and pronunciation of geographic terminology are required.
- Be sure to properly cite your work, both internal to the presentation as well as within the reference slide (this includes photos, graphs, figures, videos, etc.).
- All references listed on the reference slide should be cited internally within the presentation, and vice versa.
The required elements: Your presentation should contain the following elements in the order listed below. Specific content for each section is detailed in Assignment 2: The Outline.
In addition, I expect that any feedback provided to you from Assignment 1: Annotated Bibliography and Assignment 2: The Outline be incorporated into this assignment. Please go back and review those comments.
- Introduction – this section must contain your topic, why you chose your topic, and preview where your topic developed and diffused to.
- Body (Content) – this section must contain examine how your topic relates to four geographic concepts: regions, cultural landscapes, diffusion and distance decay
- Conclusion Slide – this section must contain four to six points that sum up the main topics of the presentation.
- Reference Slide (and Internal Citations) – this section must contain the following:
- Internal citations – This is not just a separate section; rather, referencing should occur throughout the presentation via parenthetical citations anytime you paraphrase, make direct quotes, or use visual components from other sources. Please be sure to cite any language, images, videos, etc. in the presentation that should be cited.
- Reference Slide – Your paper should also have a final reference slide listing at least 5 credible sources researched for your presentation.
- Do not include your summary/evaluation from Assignment 1: Annotated Bibliography; simply list the references utilized in your presentation in APA format on the reference slide.
Presentation Tips and Guidelines