This assignment is meant to help you further develop and refine your quantitative analysis and reasoning skills through the use of your own written documentation that provides to a reader your assessment of the results of a hypothesis test.
Can a student mentor improve the grades of freshman high school students?
Definition: Mentor group assignment
Type: Categorical (1 = No mentor, 2 = In-person mentor)
Definition: Student’s overall grade
- Write The Hypotheses.
- Run Each Criterion Of The Pretest Checklist(normality,homogeneity of variance,and n)and discuss your findings.
- Run the t test and document your findings(ns, means,and significance[p value]).
- Write an abstract up to 200 words detailing summary of the study,the t test results, hypothesis resolution,and implications of your findings.
Are men and women of significantly different ages when they become parents?
From the General Social Survey (GSS) 2018 database (https://gssdataexplorer.norc.org/
(Links to an external site.)
), you will analyze the results of a t-test with the variables sex and agekdbrn applied to the model.
You must refer to the following SPSS output information provided here, if you are to complete both parts of the assignment, Chapter 5 Practice Exercises Data Output Report-2.htm
- Write the hypotheses
- Assess each criterion of the pretest checklist (normality, homogeneity of variance, and n).
- Interpret the outcome. In up to 200 words, write a detailed summary and interpretation of the t testresults, state your hypothesis resolution, and discuss the implications of the findings.