Respond to the questions below based on both class lecture and outside research from the sources provided. Your responses must answer all questions that are asked and included at least one properly cited quote. Your seminar assignment should be 3-pages double-spaced.
Grading: CREDIT/NO CREDIT
This is a credit/no credit assignment. To receive full credit for this seminar assignment, your work must meet the following criteria:
• Three double-spaced pages of responses. Rewriting the questions will NOT count as part of page total. Do NOT rewriting the questions before your response.
• Answers all questions that are asked.
• Answers must consist of full sentences in paragraph format (a paragraph = 3-5 sentences). DO NOT
USE BULLET POINTS!
• Includes at least one properly cited quote using MLA citation. — Answers found to be plagiarized –
even one sentence – will be given zero credit with no opportunity to make up these points.
• Includes a Works Cited Page in MLA citation formatting. — To avoid plagiarism, cite your sources!
Answers that do not meet the above criteria will be given ZERO credit.
Format for submitted Seminar #1 assignment
• three FULL pages (not including your Works Cited Page)
• black ink; single-spaced; 12 pt Times New Roman; 1” borders
• Gardner’s Art through the Ages That’s your textbook
• KhanAcademy – www.khanacademy.org
• MET Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History – www.metmuseum.org/toah
• Smarthistory – www.smarthistory.org
You are welcome to use textbooks from other classes, additional books or academic articles from the Foothill Library. Additional websites must be ‘.edu’ or ‘.org’ websites. Websites that end in ‘.com’ are not acceptable as an academic source – using a ‘.com’ website will result in zero credit for this assignment.
1. Which foreign cultures and what visual elements influenced the style and motifs of Greek art?
2. Explain the differences in black-figure and red-figure vase painting. What are the pros and cons of each method?
3. What was the canon that was so profoundly important in Polyklietos’ Doryphoros (Spear Bearer)? How does it reflect the physically and mentally ideal Greek man?
4. Why is Praxiteles’ Aphrodite of Knidos revolutionary for its time? How is the sculpture a reflection of changes in Greek society?”
For more assignment questions detail plz see the attachment in PDF once i accept your bid. Thanks!