Your response should be your own thoughts and analysis. Research and resources should be incorporated with scholarly application. I.e. used as examples or evidence to support your analysis. Your response to the prompt should focus on analyzing the information you gather, apply it by using it as examples to support your assessment. Incorporate the information you gathered by using it to provide examples and support for your response.
This is a guided investigation activity.
John Obney is representative of my area in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Cornyn,John and Cruz,Ted are the two senators that represent the state of Texas, in the U.S. Senate.
When writing your essay, you will need to identify and include the following information, for each of these three representatives. Do not simply copy and paste what is on the website.The most efficient way to organize this information into complete sentences, would be to do the research first. Gather the information required for each of the 3 elected representatives you are being asked about. Then, when writing your essay, dedicate a separate paragraph (should be 3-5 sentences) to each of the individuals.
IMPORTANT- make sure to cite and source everything that you use to retrieve information about these 3 individuals. Even the Who Represents Me website link, I have directed you to, should be included. Cite this both parenthetically, where necessary, and bibliographically.
1.What is your House district number?
2. Identify the three individuals, currently serving to represent you in the U.S. House and Senate.
3.Make sure to include information for each of the following items, below, for each of the 3 representatives that you identified, in step 2. Do not list your responses, with bullets or numbers. You must construct complete sentences, using the information your found, to address each of the following items. A suggestion: use the information you have gathered to write sentences that draw and discuss comparisons between each of the three individuals. For this part, you may have to do some Sherlock Holmes investigative research (aka level up your Google Fu).
– Tenure (length of years served in their current position. Do not provide the date in years that they have served. I want an actual number. Do the math)
– Educational attainment level (highest grade level or post secondary degree obtained)
– Career/profession/employment (what to do they do to earn income)
– Partisanship (political party affiliation)
– Marital status
– Committee membership
– Political service and achievements ( if applicable)
4.In your own words, based on your personal opinion and assessment, discuss what you feel each of these individuals has, or has not, contributed, to your district and state?
5. Assess and critique the nature of these individual’s representation, as it personally applies to you. Do this by grading them on a scale of 1-10. Explain why you scored them in this manner. Be thorough and detailed in your explanation. Again, comparisons between these individuals, based on the information you researched, for number 3, is a good way to accomplish this.
6. What did you learn or take away from this activity.